Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Recap

-picked up Jennifer at the Indy Airport
-ate in Nashville, Indiana, not Nashville Tennessee. Nashville, IN is a weird little place. Lots of artsy little shops and just weird stuff, like one of those old-timey portraits shops. We ate at the Hob Nob Corner Cafe. It was cute.
-Gave tour of Bloomington- pretty short tour, we drove around IU and that was about it.
-Went to FARM! It wasn't a long wait at all, the hostess said it would take 30 min so we waited at the bar, and only waited probably 5 minutes. The only problem was that I couldn't order my planned meal! They switched the menu on me! So, we shared the minty green pea guacamole, it was very good. Then I ordered the chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans, also good. And I didn't order a dessert but I ate some of Mike's apple pie and Jennifer's "chocolate pot", which I thought was called "chocolate pod" and I thought it was going to be weird balls of chocolate. Overall, I did really like FARM, interesting menu, very cool interior design, definitely very trendy/hip sorta place, but it is too expensive to go very often.
-Sunday- went to church downtown for part of Mike's research. It's a church that meets in a theater. Walked around downtown, ate burritos at the Laughing Planet. Looked around at the vintage store, Cactus Moon. I love that store, but am usually too impatient to look that hard to find something awesome. We went to one of the gourmet/local grocery store and picked up some food to make quesadillas for dinner. 
-Had an oscar party. Ok, so it was just the three of us, but we did have oscar bingo and filled out the ballots. Mike won, but he didn't pick from his heart, he picked the predicted winners. I had only seen Juno anyway.
-Then this morning we went to the Runcible Spoon for brunch, had french toast. I had wanted to go there for a while because before I moved to Indiana, Ginny gave me an Indiana guidebook and it recommended that restaurant because they have fish in the bathtub in the bathroom. To me, that is reason enough to check out a restaurant. And they did have a fish! It was cute.
-Then we had to take Jennifer back to the airport, and now I am back to start working on art and taking Mike to his night class.

A very nice weekend, and lots of fun food! We also taught Jennifer how to play cribbage, so we played twice. We are like 75 years old.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin