Sunday, February 28, 2010

DIY!


So, I saw this scarf on the J. Crew website and really liked it. I don't consider myself a scarf person, but I think I will be giving them a try! I especially love anything metallic. Anyway, $55 is way too much for a scarf so I made my own from a $.50 thrifted  scarf.




I bought the gold paint from JoAnn's fabric for $5. 


and painted tiny hearts! 
I am considering this scarf a practice scarf because the color and fabric was not ideal. I might wear it tomorrow though! If I decide that I really love this scarf, I think I will make another on a lightweight white fabric and make a small heart stamp to make it a bit more uniform.

This is a DIY I did a few weeks ago...

 

Bow Sweater!
I followed a tutorial from myvintagesecret.com. It was pretty easy except my sewing skills are a little wonky.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin