Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby shower!

Mike and I hosted our first ever baby shower last week! It was a success!


We played games...

baby food is weird.

We served food!

I made ham biscuits, a spiced pear cake, assembled a veggie tray with hummus and blue cheese dip, and made grape salad! It is easy to make and delicious...

We played bingo!

While Nichol and Joseph opened their baby gifts.



Albert the dog helped.

The parents to be!




Grape Salad recipe (from my Mother-in-law's friend)
2 lbs. green seedless grapes
2 lbs. red seedless grapes
8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping:

1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup crushed pecans

  • Wash and stem grapes; set aside to dry.
  • Mix sour cream, cream cheese, white sugar, and vanilla by hand until blended.
  • Stir grapes into mixture and pour in large serving bowl.
  • Combine brown sugar and pecans.
  • Sprinkle over top of grapes covering completely.
  • Chill overnight.

The entire recipe serves around 12-15. 

When I made this, I only used brown sugar and I did not use 4 lbs of grapes! That is way too much, so I added a little less of everything. It was a big hit!




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin