Sunday, July 13, 2008

July already!

This has been a semi-busy summer so far. Mainly busy because I got a job! I design the interior of books. I've only been working about a month but so far it's been pretty fun. But, since it's an 8-5, I haven't been working on art very much. Although I do have to admit to doodling at work. I have decorated my cubicle a tiny bit. I have my "Baby Sasha" pillow monster and 2 family photos!

I have been liking work also because I have been enjoying dressing up! It is a pretty casual office and technically we are only supposed to wear jeans on Fridays, but I have noticed a ton of people wearing jeans during the week. I have made a deal with myself that I will only wear jeans on Fridays and so far I have been good, although in the winter I can see myself wearing jeans more. In the summer I have been loving skirts and dresses, fun and easy to wear! I have had Mike take a picture of me when I come home so I can post it to wardrobe_remix. I am also keeping up with a pact I made that I will only buy from thrift stores, so far I haven't gotten anything new since December, except a black pair of malindi crocs I bought myself for my birthday. I am not sure how long this pact will go, maybe indefinitely except for very special things. I have been wanting a pair of black boots since last winter, so I might buy those new. Not buying things new has really changed my perspective on new clothes, and buying things in general.

In other news, Tuesday is me and Mike's 2 year anniversary. I think we are going to get fondue for a fancy dinner. I am going to wear my "anniversary dress"- a super colorful dress I found at a thrift store and have been saving for this very special occasion. Also, the traditional 2 year gift is cotton, so I am very anxious to exchange gifts!

Bloomington is so fun in the summer. We've been walking downtown a lot for dinner and walking to the cute little grocery store by our house. Next month we'll be going to the Greenbriar in WVA for a vacation with Mike's parents and sister and brother in law. I am very much looking forward to it! I saw that the Greenbriar recommends "resort casual" clothing, I don't really know what that means, I take it to mean skorts and floral and since I have both of those things, I am ready!

1 comment:

Nichol Brinkman said...

Happy almost Anniversary!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin