Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dressing Up



I picked up this book a few weeks ago at Goodwill. Destiny! It was written in 1984, and I will admit, some of the advice is a bit outdated. But, she says, "There are lots of things in this world that one has to be serious about. I don't think dressing up is one of them.  Dressing up is about fun and flirt and glamour- and being a little creative with yourself." -how true!!







I am interested in trying out that bottom left hairdo!





This outfit isn't that impressive, but that chair!! Awesome.

Unfortunately, there are not many color photos, but there are a few fun nuggets of wisdom.

"Dressing up is making the effort and creating whatever illusion you fancy. It's a time to express your moods and whims-it's your chance to make a personal statement. Think of it as a silent way to proclaim, "Here I am!" And dressing up should be fun-otherwise, what's the point?"


1 comment:

Online Printing Company said...

Doesn't it feel weird looking at old magazines? You think now that the fashion is so bad, but back then it was crazy popular. :D

The bottom left hair reminds me of Rick Astley. LOL!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin