Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day! (and Mike's Birthday)

Today I tried out some new recipes from epicurious.com- my new favorite website! Last night I made a glazed lime cake, delicious! And the first time I have ever made a cake not using a box! Then today I made Mike a special bday lunch (turkey-cilantro bites, and a spinach salad with avocado and orange) and I just made this....

before...


after...


I need to work on making it look prettier, it kind of exploded everywhere! I haven't tried it yet, just came out of the oven. It is a blueberry gellette.

We celebrated Vday this morning and exchanged presents and ate a fancy lunch. Mike gave me these beautiful earrings..


Tonight we are having some friends over to celebrate Mike's bday. I am making a funfetti cake for that!

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the earrings Erin!! Good job Mike:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin